The New Step for African Community is a non-profit organisation, established to support Africans and immigrants, particularly those living in the North West of England.
More About Our Company
Who we are
New Step for the African Community (NESTAC) is a charity committed to improving the lives of Africans and immigrants in Greater Manchester.
Founded in 2003, NESTAC was born from the recognition that immigrants, particularly those from African backgrounds, had limited access to vital support and services. We aim to empower people and communities by providing them with the necessary skills, tools, and support through our many activities and services.
What we do
We offer a range of services and activities to meet the needs of our community and service users. We offer the following:
Our main office is based in Rochdale, with representations across Greater Manchester, and is run by a team of dedicated staff and volunteers. We offer:
- Drop in services – support, advice and guidance
- Job coaching club
- Bespoke courses and training programmes
- Business start-up advice
- Homework club
We are dedicated to ending FGM (Female Genital Mutilation), using holistic approaches, campaigning and bespoke trainings to positively change and improve life chances for young girls and women who have undergone FGM and those at risk of FGM.
- To eliminate social isolation, and promote integration and community cohesion amongst Black and Minority Ethnic population, specifically from African communities, living in Greater Manchester and in the North West of England.
- To educate, empower and enrich hard-to-reach members of the community through the provision of skills for work, art and creativity
- To promote the diversity and richness of African history and culture in Greater Manchester
- To campaign for the fair and equal treatment of Africans living in the UK and Africa