Health and Well-being Programme
Health and Wellbeing Program
This service is a provision of culturally adapted psycho-social therapies for refugees, asylum seekers, destitute asylum seekers and people not entitled to public fund, living in Greater Manchester.
We offer the following:
- One to One cultural counselling
- Art Therapy Group activities
- Anxiety management
- Anger management
- Relaxation sessions
- Women only group therapy
- Men only group therapy
Telephone counselling and advice for clients are also available.
Whether you’re having personal problems or concerns of any type, we have tips to help you cope with some of the common issues related to your culture, beliefs, integration, education, past trauma, and many more.
We accept self-referrals and referrals from agencies
Contact us for a form at firstname.lastname@example.org
NESTAC's Drop-in Service
NESTAC is committed to provide drop-in services to vulnerable and hard to reach populations since its inception, offering the following:
From main office -Rochdale (Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays 10am- 2pm)
- Registered Work Club, supporting members of the community to search employment (Mock interviews, Universal Job Match, etc.)
- Advice, guidance and support to refugee and asylum seeker families
- Use of computers for job search, Internet and learning
- Volunteering opportunities – join NESTAC volunteer Advisers
From other sites in Greater Manchester (once a month):
- NESTAC Salford drop-in service (women only), related to the FGM service in Salford.
- NESTAC Manchester drop-in service (women only), related to the FGM service at St Marys’ hospital and to the WAST (Women Asylum Seekers Together) community venue.